POWER UP! ORPHEUM KIDS
We’re excited to launch POWER UP! ORPHEUM KIDS to raise $30,000 by January 31, 2020 to enhance the children’s museum experience, enrich STEAM classrooms, and improve the facility. Together we can POWER UP the Orpheum Children’s Science Museum by providing unique museum- and classroom-stimulated experiences for kids that will lay the foundation for future generations of scientists, artists, and innovators. Your contribution will also help us upgrade the museum facilities and provide a comfortable and safe place for kids and families. Individual contributions of $500 or more will be given a Super Family Membership.
WHAT WILL BE POWERED UP?
- 42% ($12k) - Enhanced museum experiences – Child- and family-centered improvements throughout the museum that fosters a fun and accessible learning environment. For example, funds will support new bright and colorful features in the museum and new rotating exhibit components.
- 18% ($6k) - Enriched STEAM classrooms – New equipment and supplies used in our upstairs classrooms to grow young minds in the areas of science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics. For example, funds will support the addition of new Lego WeDo and Mindstorm robotics kits, computers and adapters, and flexible-use tables and chairs for our camps and clubs.
- 42% ($12k) - Improved facilities – Funds will be used to replace a 25-year-old HVAC unit and repair historically-significant elements of the building façade. For example, a new rooftop HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning) unit is desperately needed before the summer to maintain comfortable temperatures in the museum all year round and key tuck-pointing and marquee repairs are needed on the building’s façade.
Click the button to contribute to our GoFundMe campaign! Checks can also be sent to the Orpheum Children's Science Museum at 346 N. Neil St., Champaign, IL 61820.
Donate to the Orpheum Children's Science Museum
The Orpheum Children's Science Museum is an independently funded non-profit 501(c)(3) charity that has been supported by the generosity of thousands of community members over our 26-year history. If you're interested in sending cash or a check please send it to Orpheum Children's Science Museum 346 North Neil St., Champaign, IL 61820. If you'd like to make a donation online, please click the donate button below to make a donation through our PayPal website.
Looking Forward with the Executive Director & Board of Directors
The Orpheum Children’s Science Museum has completed a strategically powerful 2018. As a reflection of this being a transformational year for the OCSM, we celebrated 25 years as a Champaign-Urbana iconic institution.
In Spring 2018, our celebration emphasized: "Embracing our historic past and passionately advancing into the future." Some of the OCSM’s key historic dates:
• July 16, 1991: The Discovery Place was incorporated
• May 4, 1992: The Discovery Place. Inc. attained 501(c)(3) status
• December 27, 1994: The building was opened to the public
• May 15, 1997: Changed name to Orpheum Children's Science Museum
Our passionate celebration with the community highlighted the next strategic 25 years "Science-to-Society" Road Map. This road map includes three strategic goals:
• Goal 1: Recognized as a top-tier accredited museum in the Midwest
• Goal 2: Provide uniquely differentiated educational experiences
• Goal 3: Be self-sustaining with significant financial reserves
Our priorities continue to include establishing key partnerships and collaborations to support expanding the OSCM’s ability to provide innovative K-12 outreach and STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) educational opportunities for all population groups in our regional communities. These priorities, quite simply, are foundational for a value-added presence in the Champaign-Urbana region.
We encourage all individuals, foundations, and companies to find their niche on the strategic road map advancing the OCSM to be the premier museum for children of all ages.
On behalf of the Board of Directors, we look forward to and appreciate all the support that the Champaign-Urbana region provides the OCSM. Thank you!
Dr. Douglas Brauer
President of Board
Ways to give:
Monthly recurring gift
If you're interested in sending cash or a check please send it to Orpheum Children's Science Museum 346 North Neil St.,Champaign, IL 61820. If you'd like to make a donation online, please click the donate button below to make a donation through our PayPal website.